On the 1st Day of Christmas, NellBell gave to me...
*Updated*
I forgot to add one important detail about this giveaway! You may enter once a day for each of the 12 days (up until the next days' post) for a total of 12 entries per person. 12 chances to win! And here's a look at the cookbook you can win... 
*To my family who may already have this cookbook, I will send you a different prize if you win the giveaway. But you still need to submit recipes to enter! (Doesn't matter if they're already in the book either.)
....a beverage in a warm mug!
Here is the first recipe! I usually don't drink anything other than water (just ask anyone that knows me well enough!) but I like this!
I hope you enjoy it!
Mulled Cider
1c. brown sugar
dash ground nutmeg
2 tsp. whole cloves
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. whole allspice
1 cinnamon stick-6"
In a saucepan, combine above ingredients. *To make it extra special, add a splash of orange juice.* Bring everything almost to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Strain. Serve with another cinnamon.
Here are some more details for the contest:
-
All the recipes I'm featuring these 12 Days come from Prepared with Love, my family's cookbook. The recipes I contributed I will give credit to the original creator. The rest of them come from my aunts or cousins & I have no way of knowing where they came from, so I am giving them credit for those recipes here. Thank you family!
-To be eligible to win the giveaway, you must submit a recipe in the same food category as the that days' recipes.
-The prize for this giveaway is a recently published, 3-ring binder cookbook from my family. It has lots & lots of fabulous recipes!
-I will pick 1 or more winners at the end of the 12 Days (ends Dec. 24). I will contact the winner & then you email me your address so that I can ship it out after Christmas.
-From each days' entry, I will pick 1 recipe to highlight on the next days' post. I will give credit to the person who entered & a link to their blog if they so choose. (Please let me know if you DON'T want your blog listed.)
ENJOY!
2 comments:
Sounds like fun!
Here's my recipe:
Hot Chocolate
1/3 C. semi-sweet or milk choc. choc. chips
1/3 C. sugar
4 C. milk
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. nutmeg
whipped cream or small marshmallows
Combine choc. chips, sugar, and 1/2 C. of the milk. Stir over med. heat just until it comes to a boil. Stir in remaining 3 1/2 C. milk and spices. Heat thru, but don't boil. Pour in cups and add whipped cream or marshmallows. Makes 4-5 servings
Holiday Wassail
I had this at a Christmas party last week and couldn't stop drinking it - it just TASTES like Christmas! :)
2 1/4 cups white sugar
4 cups water
2 cinnamon sticks
1 slice fresh ginger root
4 cups orange juice
2 cups lemon juice
8 cups apple juice
8 whole allspice berries
1 tablespoon whole clove
In a large saucepan, combine sugar and water. Boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and add cinnamon sticks, allspice berries, cloves, and ginger. Cover and let stand in warm place for 1 hour.
Strain liquid into a large pot. Just before serving, add juices and cider and quickly bring to boil. Remove from heat and serve.
Post a Comment