Monday, December 1, 2008

A New Tradition: Not Me! Monday

I hereby declare that Mondays will now be known as Not Me! Monday here @ PeanutButter & GrassClippings! For more info, click on the Not Me! Monday button on my sidebar to be taken to MckMama's blog, creator of NMM! On Tuesday, #1 had a doctors appointment to find out the cause of a certain, nasty BM problem & I did not find myself being told not to feed him dairy for 2 weeks! He is a freak for chocolate milk & cheese! Nor did I find myself being handed a plastic bag with a sterile cup, a tongue depressor, & rubber gloves to scoop a stool sample to send to the lab! I did not rush back to the lab after scooping some pretty foul-smelling poop, holding the sample tight to my chest so nobody could see what it was, 5 minutes before they closed. I did not almost laugh when the technician took a gander at it! =) While I was gone all day Saturday @ Grandma's for our craft work day, my son (the same as above) did not sound out a certain 4-letter word that begins with "f", which was written on the back of a chair @ a certain Mcfast food chain. I was not warned that he learned this word, so I certainly DID NOT hide my giggles behind my hand when he whispered, in his most serious this-will-get-somebody-in-trouble-if-you-say-it voice, the very same 4-letter word in my ear as he was getting ready for bed! Nor did I enjoy the reaction from my husband when I told him the story later that night in bed! Believe me when I say that I do not find humor in the most inappropriate things!

5 comments:

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

It is always funny when our little ones use that language, isn't it? Or not, I don't know! The poo to the doctor sounds like fun!

Anonymous said...

It is almost impossibly hard to hide reactions from those unexpected moments, isn't it? I love your list.

Unknown said...

i just started NMM too! funny stuff!

Scarlet and Gray said...

LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!

Rachelle said...

LOL. I'm dreading the day I have to carry in a sample... don't they have an anonymous drop off out back for the incognito deposits?