Monday, November 10, 2008

Paralyzing Fears

All my life I've been scared. I'm scared of the dark. I'm scared of heights. I'm scared of people. In fact, there's a photo of me as a 3 year old sitting beside my mom's friends kids leaning as far away from them as I could. I was scared of them. It's something I haven't been good at dealing with. As I get older, I see my reaction to fears growing. Growing and smothering me. Today was not a good day. Thoughts of the future were running wild & untamed through my mind. All I wanted to do was come home & read my Bible. I needed to read my Bible. God answered my prayer for help. There were a couple of verses that jumped out... Romans 8:6 "The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the spirit is life and peace." Romans 8:35-39 " Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?........No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither life nor death, neither angels nor demons, neither the present or the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." God's word is so soothing to a troubled heart. God's Spirit invades when we cry out. I often hear songs on the radio that speak to my heart as well. The other night I heard "Lay It Down" by Jaci Velasquez for the first time. It has turned into a prayer for me. Here are the words: I’ve been looking till my eyes are tired of looking Listening till my ears are numb from listening Praying till my knees are sore from kneeling On the bedroom floor I know that You know that my heart is aching I’m running out of tears and my will is breaking I don’t think that I can carry The burden of it anymore All of my hopes and my dreams and my best laid plans Are slowly slipping through my folded hands chorus: So I’m gonna lay it down I’m gonna learn to trust You now What else can I do Everything I am depends on You And if the sun don’t come back up I know Your love will be enough I’m gonna let it be, I’m gonna let it go I’m gonna lay it down I’ve been walking through this world like I’m barely living Buried in the doubt of this hole I’ve been digging But You’re pulling me out and I’m finally breathing In the open air This room may be dark but I’m finally seeing There’s a new ray of hope and now I’m believing That the past is the past and the future’s beginning To look brighter now chorus: So I’m gonna lay it down I’m gonna learn to trust You now What else can I do Everything I am depends on You And if the sun don’t come back up I know Your love will be enough I’m gonna let it be, I’m gonna let it go I’m gonna lay it down Word Entertainment God bless you with His peace today.

No comments: