Friday, April 10, 2009

Juice and the Blood

I'm glad to see that our #1 son is listening to & learning what we & the sunday school teachers are teaching......

translation...."King of Juice"

....but I think he might need his ears cleaned out! Good Friday. Was it really good? Yes. And no. No, because an innocent man, the ONLY truly innocent human being, was falsely accused, beaten to a pulp & then nailed on a cross to suffocate to death. There is nothing good about that. If that was all there was to it. But that's not all there was to it. It was good because the ONLY truly innocent human being died. For me. For you. We deserved to die like that, not Him. Now that's GOOD. Below I've posted a video of the crucifixion. It's not pleasant. It's not pretty. And I challenge you to not move your eyes away from the awfulness. For this is what WE deserve, and if we don't "get" that, then what happened Sunday morning is only a nice story. (make sure to pause the music on the bottom left sidebar)

No comments: