Believe me when I say that before the sort, it would never have fit into this tiny closet. I also realized that I had already decimated my craft stash last year; all I needed to do was get rid of all the leftovers from last summer's garage sale! (I've had a garage sale almost every year for quite a few years but I've decided that with baby Jif coming, I just won't have the time or energy to do it again & the clutter just needs to be gone!)
I'd still like to go through all my home decor stuff & purge even more; having kids has limited my decorating & I've come to realize less really can look awesome.
Curveball #1 came in the form of a second round of snow midweek-which means Peter Pan was home from school & Farmer was out A LOT doing this:

I realize not everyone has the opportunity these days to have a good job or to make overtime but Farmer put in 54 extra hours of work in 8 days! He has to be up & at work sometimes by 4:00 am. Unfortunately right now, one of their 2 trucks is out of commission which makes everything take twice as long. And we are expecting more snow again this week. Ugh.
Curveball #2 came when Skippy woke up Thursday with a fever, so on Friday, I took him & Peter Pan to their doctors. Skippy has a bilateral ear infection & Peter Pan has infected adenoids with the possibilty of having to get them removed after the infection is cleared up. We knew Peter Pan had been having trouble with his hearing & now we know why! So both are on antibiotics for 10 days.
Curveball #3 is that I now have a sinus/head cold & don't feel like doing a whole lot.
Needless to say, it has not been a routine week & it's been hard for me to stay on track.
For week 3 I would like to finish with home decor & start on paper/old bills, personal mementos (you know, all that stuff you save from high school), old electronic equipment/current equipment boxes, etc. & all the baby equipment shoved back in the corner. Oohh, it's going to be a long week! I am also hoping to prime & paint the shelves Farmer made for baby Jif's room sometime too. I have a feeling all this won't happen but I'll give it my best shot!
I better get to work...
No comments:
Post a Comment