Saturday, February 28, 2009
What a nerd
I am a nerd. Really. I was just sitting here thinking how neat it is that my scrap closet is neat & tidy & clean & my laptop is in here where it belongs & I'm looking at the internet in an orderly fashion & I thought, this is fun. I'm a nerd & I'm weird.
So here are 10 things about me that make me a nerd:
1. The patches on my comforter HAVE to be perfectly lined up, every morning. And if someone messes it up, I do it again.
2. I can't stand having any little bit of trash laying around in my car. There might be dirt in there, but no trash.
3. I always carry chapstick in that little pocket on the right side of your jeans. Unless of course there isn't one, than I have a back up in my purse.
4. I love symmetry. I like houses that have the same number of windows either side of a door or between the first & second floor.
5. I like to work on our budget. I mean, figuring numbers & using a calculator & a pencil & eraser is so nice. =)
6. When hubby helps me move something or makes something for me, he makes sure that I think it is lined up good enough b/c he knows something like that would bug me every time I looked at it.
7. I fill my dishwasher the same way every time. If someone else fills it up & they're not looking, I might change it.
8. I love to read so when I had the chance to get books for free, I took a lot. I mean, A LOT. And I don't have anywhere to put them. Yet.
9. I make lists constantly. I don't always do them but it feels good to have everything written down in an orderly fashion so I can see what's up.
10. I like classical music, which is NOT the same as elevator music. The real stuff is way better. (this one is a stretch but my brain is shutting down & I couldn't think of anything else!)
I'd love to hear the reasons you think you're a nerd, or if you're not, reasons why you'd never be caught doing anything nerdy! Don't be afraid to leave a comment!
My week at home was very productive. The attic has been bugging me for a VERY long time and is now mostly neat & orderly. Especially b/c of the "shelves" my dad made for me because it gives me so much more room. Monday I start working 5 days a week for a little while. Since there is work to do now & there might not be later & the fact that we are in the middle of our Financial Peace University & we're motivated, and the fact that my bosses agreed to let me do it =) I'm going to take advantage of it! But I have to admit I'm also not looking forward to it for the simple fact of being afraid I won't be able to keep up with everything at home. I've been doing so well, I don't want to get back into the bad habits I've had before.
I need to be reminded (& I am) over & over that I am good enough for God right now. No amount of my pitiful trying will make Him love me more because He already loves me perfectly, I just need to remember that & accept it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Do you know what #7 reminded me of? Grandma and her chairs in the basement!!!
The older I get, the more I realize how much like her I really am about those things.
Post a Comment